Friday 14 December 2012

M IS FOR MANAGEMENT - TIME MANAGEMENT

Ok so today is actually day 14. Which means it's the letter N and not M. But I just need a moment to pause and recap what I missed during the week. 

K is for Kafka. Franz Kafka.
What an interesting man and a fantastic example of the modern day artist. Although he considered writing his calling, he had to devote what little spare time he had to it and hold down a day job. I love that.  
I also loved his novella "The Metamorphosis" (Die Verwandlung) when I first read it as a teenager. If you haven't read it, please do. It isn't long and it's quite funny in a black comedy kinda way. It's also hailed as being one of the seminal works of fiction of the 20th century. I gotta say I love the illustrations on 1960's Penguin books. They are rad.







L is for Labour.
One of my close friends went into labour on Wednesday the 12th which was L day. She has had a beautiful baby boy. He is stunning and fluffy and she is the gorgeous, smitten, calm and loved up mother I always knew she would be. xxx

M as I said is for Management. I need to somehow get better at this. You know... I am not sure that it is so much a time management thing. It could be more a case of not enough hours in the day - yes yes everyone feels that and what a boring statement, and also the fact that I can be lazy. Sometimes when I have the time I find I would just rather sit on the couch and veg out watching 4 Corners or some documentary eating frozen yoghurt and playing with my iphone.

N is for Nicole. Me. Nicole.
Pretty original. Ha! There you go. Tomorrow I will try and come up with something better. I have been under a cloud these past few days with a foggy, groggy head. Come on Christmas and holidays and no routine. Just a relaxed, take it as it comes couple of weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment